Re: mini-HOWTO

Yves Bellefeuille wrote:

> > Documents that have not been updated in some should be candidates for
> > an 'unmaintained' documents list. "Some time" can be any period really.
> > 3,6,12 months are probably good targets. An attempt to contact the
> > author at the address listed in the document should be made, if there
> > is no response the LDP can change the document status to 'unmaintained'
> > and recruit a new maintainer.
>
> Don't be too quick to conclude that a How-To is abandoned. My Hard Disk
> Upgrade Mini How-To went almost a year and a half between updates.
> Nothing became out of date and nobody complained.

Yves,
I'm in almost exactly the same position with the AX25-HOWTO. Bits of it
are out of date, but on the whole it is still quite useful, I think it's
dated 1997, or something.

The point I was trying to make is that it isn't difficult to answer a
simple email question every few months about whether you're still
maintaining a document or not, and *not* to assume that a document is
automatically unmaintained just because it hasn't been updated in a
while.

Terry