LDP search capability

    Greg>     If you are coming from a mirrored site, the search is
    Greg> performed on www.linuxdoc.org, but the individual results
    Greg> (URLs) will point you *back* to the mirrored site from which
    Greg> you came. I understand that doing that may be somewhat
    Greg> problematic if the mirrored site is out of sync with the
    Greg> master LDP site on metalab, but I also felt that the
    Greg> benefits of performance (retrieving the actual docs from the
    Greg> mirrored site you are accessing) outweighed any potential
    Greg> negatives. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

This strikes me as a very cool feature. I was wondering why the powers
that be decided to move away from htDig, since it's always performed
very nicely for me, but this feature is probably enough to justify the
move by itself.

Were there other reasons why htDig was abandoned? I only ask because
I've used it extensively for clients, but if it's got some problems I
haven't noticed I'd like to hear about them.

Anyway, what Greg has done looks good, esp. the links back to
mirrors. Thanks Greg.

Kendall Clark