Re: How do I hide something?

On 10/05/00, 07:31:42, Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com.br> wrote
regarding Re: How do I hide something?:
> Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc@cu-portland.edu> writes:
> > ok, I'm trying to make an example.docbook.sgml to replace the
> > example.sgml for linuxdoc.  What I want to do is mark some of the
> > sections that I haven't had a chance to research as not part of what
> > should get rendered, but I can't remember how that was accomplished.
> > Anybody know?
> >     Grego

> <!-- this is a comment
>      that spreads across several
>      lines
> -->

Only be careful that you don't have two or more sequential hyphens in
the text you put there.  I think it's for this reason that the Vim
sgml syntax-highlighting rules refer dismissively to that style of
comment as "wrong" and "Netscape instigated".

The vim syntax rule default to using plain "<! " and ">" as comment
terminators.  This works in HTML 4.x but is not part of the DTD.
Doesn't work in sgml (not with Docbook, anyway).  Just the Vim
maintainer being sniffy, I suppose.

--

Bruce