Re: Does the LDP have a document reviewing tool?

George,

I have sometimes used Amaya to provide a workaround for HTML documents.
(Amaya is a WYSIWYG HTML editor.)  I read the HTML document within Amaya
and enter any comments I want to make.  I then email the comments to the
author.

This also works for web sites, except that I make a local copy of a page
before I insert comments.

Amaya V3.2.1 for Windows works reasonably well for me, except the
background is rather obtrusive.  (And now I have to admit I've lied -- I
typically read the page in IE5 but keep the local copy in Amaya.  When I
see something I want to comment, I switch to the Amaya window.)  I've
tried the same version for Linux and I've tried the 4.0 version.  So far
I like 3.2.1 for windows better.

Amaya can be obtained (free) at http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist
(actually that's for the 4.2.1 version -- which might suit you fine -- I
haven't tried it).

Hope this helps,
Randy Kramer