Re: tag for translators?

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:09:48AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> Hi.
>
> In <20001201104814.A3639@kldp.org>,
>  on "Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:48:14 +0900",
>  with "Re: tag for translators?",
>  <kss@kldp.org> wrote:
>
> > As far as I know, the current linuxdoc-tools have some problem with
> > debian(because of japanese-groff patch which debian's groff package uses).
> > Is it fixed already? When I first heard about linuxdoc-tools from
> > Choi, I got to know there is some problem with debian(from debian-kr
> > mailing list) & linuxdoc-tools. So I didn't even try it. I'm sorry Choi...:-)
>
> I have posted the patch for groff to the debian-i18n list, and
> the BTS #66928 & #71744.  I don't know why the maintainer of
> groff use it. Maybe he is busy now.  You can send a request/reminder
> to the maintainer of groff, I think.

Oh...I will check it and mail to the maintainer of groff....

> > Now let me see.....
> > The current linuxdoc DTD has two varients(I think "linuxdoc" for
> > original author, "linuxdoctr" for translator because it accepts
> > <trans>, <tdate>).
> >
> > How about merging the two DTDs and make the "linuxdoc" accept
> > <trans>, <tdate>? If it is acceptable, this will be a clear solution.
>
> I have tried to do it, but there has not been enough time yet.
> The problem I have is the fake error message from groff when using
> linuxdoc with trans and tdate for sgml source without those elements
> (i.e. an original version, not translated one).
>
> > Or if mapping <trans>,<tdate> to <othercredit role="translator"> operates
> > properly, local translation effort would be much easier.
>
> I don't get this.  Do you mean using trans and tdate in DocBook DTD SGML ?
> Maybe I will not agree with it.  Excuse me if you mean another thing.

Mapping <trans>,<tdate> doesn't mean that it need to be declared in
DocBook DTD as a new tag now. I mean that  tools like ld2db(convert
linuxdoc sgml to DocBook sgml) need to be upgraded in order to
map <trans>,<tdate> into <othercredit role="translator"> properly because
<othercredit> is the right place to specify the information of
translator FOR NOW.

And in parallel, I think we need to lobby to DocBook staff to add a
separate tag for translator(<translator>?).
After DocBook has officially upgraded and add <translator>,

> > (Of course the ldp.dsl need to be changed so that <othercredit> is printed.)
>
> I wish to have it also, but I'm not ready to hack the DSSSL sheet yet.

I think it will be done shortly because Greg Ferguson said
"It's on my list. I hope to get to it today.". :-)
--
           (o_             ±Ç ¼ø ¼±                      _o)