Re: Feedback

From: "Greg Ferguson" <gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com>
> A good project, if someone wishes to take this on, would be to create
> and maintain an up-to-date "contact" list for documentation.
>
> This would include:
>
> - Finding updated email addresses for all HOWTO authors. As
>   we have seen, inquiries have come in as to how to contact
>   HOWTO authors; as (some of) the published email addresses
>   are no longer valid.
>
> - Collect contact info for other documentation stored/mirrored
>   on the LDP site (guides, man pages, FAQs, Linux Gazzette).
>
> - Collect contact info for other documentation not stored on the LDP
>   site (I realize this could get lengthy, but we could continually
>   add/update this, similar to the "links" pages on the LDP).
>
> I'm not sure if this is within the scope of the cataloging effort,
> perhaps David Merrill or Kevin Cullis could comment. It's badly needed.

Sure. :)

I think this *is* within the scope of the cataloging effort, which is
really a meta-data effort as well as strictly a cataloging effort. I will
not maintain a separate contact list for HOWTOs, but rather devise a means
of extracting this information directly from the SGML of the HOWTOs. I'm
working on scripts to do this right now.

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.
Linux Documentation Project