Re: I would like to submit an official HOWTO

From: "Sean Edwards" <sjedward@cityscape.net>
> Thank you for a quick response.  The nature of the project is to
document
> how to set up and run a Linux server without a monitor, video card,
> keyboard, floppy drive, etc. (just a box, hard drive and network card),
and
> how to monitor, manage, and administer just such a device.
>
> I will proceed with the outline, it should be ready in a few days.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

> I saw in the LDP Author Guide how to submit projects in Word
> Perfect.  Currently I am using StarOffice 5.2 for Linux, and I do not
see
> any documentation about StarWriter and SGML or XML.  Do you know of any
> SGML/XML support in StarOffice 5.2?

AFAIK, WP for Windows has DocBook/SGML support, but WP for Linux does
*not*. This has been stated several times by others on this list; I don't
have first-hand knowledge.

You can use any editor or word processor you like. Everybody here has
their own preferred environment. I just use a text editor.

I'm cc'ing this to the list, as I don't know about StarOffice support. I
don't think there is any, but I could just be ignorant of it. Maybe
somebody else can give you a definitive answer.

Regards,

--
David C. Merrill, Ph.D.
Linux Documentation Project