Future LDP contribution

Hi,

I have people constantly asking using me as somewhat of a helpdesk when it comes to getting their Linux box up and running as a NAT enabled packet filter, Squid proxy and Sendmail mail relay.  OK, so far nothing new there are at least 4 HOWTO's I can think of that cover relevant material and ordinarily I would concede that anything further is overkill.

However I am proposing somewhat of a "Cook Book" on getting say a RedHat box make it safe, make it secure, make it minimalistic etc.  An not to mention the amount of Usenet I have read in my time where people, one tool at a time (usually weeks apart...) ask the same questions on firstly how to set up an ipchains ruleset for the a fore mentioned config.  Then evolution takes us to Squid, maybe a bit of a walk in the park after ipchains, but hell there is Sendmail to come!  And if you have ever spent much time with Sendmail then I think you know where I am coming from.

In the process of helping and also doing myself I have accumulated a ton of written step by step documentation on these and more subjects, I can compile them for myself but I am wondering if others might benefit from my making the results of my eccentric toiling available to all.

So yes to a point there is some crossover but I am not initially looking to write the definitive "every distribution on earth" HOWTO, but most people can get on to RedHat CD  easily so that is where I would like to start.

Failing any thing here holding weight, I have several years experience working as both an engineer and consultant in large scale network design and management etc and would be happy to direct some time to help existing projects in these areas.

Cheers,

Gawain