Re: broken links on linuxdoc.org

On Nov 2, 10:23am, David Merrill wrote:
> Subject: Re: broken links on linuxdoc.org
> Greg Ferguson wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 1, 11:05pm, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
> > > Subject: broken links on linuxdoc.org
> >
> > This has been corrected. If anyone finds or know of other broken
> > links (or potential broken links) such as this, let us know so
> > we can put the redirects in place.
>
> It wouldn't be too hard to write a script to verify URLs in the HTML
> versions posted online, right? I know I wrote such a script for my
> employer last year. Unfortunately, I no longer have it. :(
>
> This would catch these types of errors before they become a problem for
> users.

I'm more concerned about links pointing to us from outside of
the LDP. I think most of the docs found within the LDP should
be ok. But you are right, it wouldn't hurt to check.

I just thought of something...the majority of docs effected by
this problem are those that moved from linuxdoc to docbook SGML,
so we have a fairly inclusive list already. I'll prepare the
redirects for those entries.

r,

Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg at sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com/ |