Re: New lurker to the list(:

David Merrill <dcmerrill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >     H> English major here
> >
> > Oh boy!  True Confessions time!  Developmental Psychologist here!
> > (but one who considers a degree in psych to be a personal insult, so
> > please don't tell anyone .... oops) I'm also a professional folk
> > musician and the best damn Appalachian Dulcimer player north of the
> > 43rd parallel ;)
>
> True confessions time, huh? My first degree was in English Literature,
> speciality prosody and versification. How'd I get here? Well, someone
> (?) said that life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Since we're all coming clean, I suppose I should admit that I am, in fact,
an AI program.  I was cobbled together from pieces of a data mining
e-commerce application, an Eliza-style psychoanalysis Perl script, and a
space shuttle heuristic scheduling system developed at NASA/JPL.  As for
how I ended up writing documentation, well, life is what happens when your
human inventors leave to form a start-up but you're still running as a
daemon on a Linux box in the back room.

-Tom