Re: Requiring use of DocBook; LinuxDoc

> >>>>> "G" == Gary Preckshot <garrell@inreach.com> writes:

On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 12:57:03AM -0400, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
> How do you specify a GUI Icon in LinuxDoc.
>
> That last one is most illustrative: I am finding I can write far more
> clearly and succinctly in DocBook when I know I can trust the
> typographic conventions to be consistent across _all_ DocBook
> documents. For example, in docbook I could write
>
>     Click on <GUIICON>Printer</GUIICON> then select
>     <GUIMENUITEM>lp2</GUIMENUITEM>
>
> whereas in LinuxDoc/ASCII I would need to resolve this semantically
> with extra language
>
> Click on the Printer Icon on your desktop, then
> select the lp2 option f

As to how I did something much more complicated with far fewer
words in my Plug-and-Play-HOWTO using LinuxDoc:

In Windows98 there are 2 ways to get to the Device Manager: 1. My
Computer --> Control Panel --> System Properties --> Device Manager.
2. (right-click) My Computer --> Properties --> Device Manager.

You may object to clicks being implied.  BTW, what is the tag in
LinuxDoc for Right-click (-:?

			David Lawyer