Re: Rep:Re: Permission to submit HOWTO

> Gary Preckshot wrote:
> > 5) because of rugged individualists using straight
> > text editors to write SGML manually, there's a
> > move afoot to use a non-standard version of
> > DocBook without many end tags and reduced nesting.
> > The effect of this on the virtual search
> > capability is unknown. The main reason for this
> > move is to avoid typing.

There is no such "move afoot".  I'm the one that suggested minimal
tags and I withdrew my suggestion since I mistakenly thought that
DocBook could be made as simple as LinuxDoc.  I was wrong and said so
in a previous post.  If one wants minimal tags, then they should use
LinuxDoc.  That's what I currently use and spend less than 1% of my
HOWTO writing efforts dealing with tags.   Perhaps I should spend more
time on this (in LinuxDoc) by adding keywords, etc.

			David Lawyer