Re: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations

On Jun 3,  2:06am, David Merrill wrote:
> Subject: HOWTO-HOWTO recommendations
> [...]
>
> I noticed that Guy Aznar and Greg Ferguson's "Linux HOWTO Index"
> contains a section called "Writing and Submitting a HOWTO" that
> is now redundant, and does not link to the HOWTO-HOWTO. Perhaps
> you could get together and decide how to work this out. I'd suggest
> incorporating that section into the HOWTO-HOWTO, and replacing it
> with a short blurb and a link to the HOWTO-HOWTO. You might prefer
> keeping lots of information in the HOWTO Index, but a link should
> still go to the HOWTO-HOWTO, for the details.
> [...]

I have cleaned this up in the latest version. Thanks for the
feedback (http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX.html).

I could answer the tools questions, but as you mention it's
best to cover them in the HOWTO-HOWTO.

Mark, you might want to categorize the tools, as David suggests.
Also, you may wish to show what is needed for linuxdoc vs docbook
sgml.

r,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com