Re: SGML tools aren't so great

I think we are missing an important aspect

Writing in sgml is important because we can produce many kind of text formats, but we
could as well ask authors for the files (word, wp and most big text processors can do that)

but what if the original author stops contributing? This is a frequent
issue.

sgml source allows us to take his work and continue it.

I have, for now

/usr/bin/sgml2html
/usr/bin/sgml2info
/usr/bin/sgml2latex
/usr/bin/sgml2lyx
/usr/bin/sgml2rtf  (this one is probably a winner)

/usr/bin/sgml2txt

with this we can probably use any sgml source with any wp.

is this possible out of sgml, I doubt.

--
<http://www.dodin.net> <mailto:jdanield@dodin.net>
QUI EST CET HOMME ? Aidez-moi à le retrouver