Re: Need to close the list

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 01:03:16AM -0500, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:

> "Carl B. Constantine" <duckwing@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > I've been spammed up the yin yang from people using this list in
> > appropriately. This list needs to become a closed list to prevent
> > this from happening in the future.
>
> I agree. If messages from non-subscribers aren't blocked soon, I'm
> unsubscribing from the list.

And the problem is worst for those of us who are lurkers on the list,
having subscribed to watch for that occasional thread that might be of
interest.

The SPAM dilutes the list about as much as some of the almost-on-topic
threads do.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny                Web Geek, Perl Hacker, Yahoo!
http://www.wcnet.org/~jzawodn/   Jeremy@Zawodny.com