Linux expo North America

Press Release, for immediate release
Montreal, March 22, 2000

Montreal, Crossroads for close to 100 companies from Five Continents

LINUX EXPO 2000 NORTH AMERICA
MONTREAL, PALAIS DES CONGRÈS, APRIL 10 - 12, 2000
A Canadian First

>From April 10 to 12, the first international crossroads devoted to Linux and OSS
software solutions will take place at Montreal's Palais des Congrès .  For three
full days, the biggest international players in the Linux market will come
together at Linux Expo.  This is a Canadian First!
Worldwide, as soon as the event was announced, industry leaders reserved their
booths.  In February, the space available was increased by 30% to meet the
growing demand from exhibitors.
To date, 98 companies will take part in Linux Expo.  The exhibitors include Red
Hat, Corel Corporation, MandrakeSoft from France, SuSE from Germany, Compaq,
Informix Software, Montavista, Motorola Computer Group, Rebel.com.  A total of
eight countries will be represented at Linux Expo:  Canada, the United States,
France, Great Britain, Germany, New Zealand, South Korea and Israel.
"The enthusiastic response we received from the exhibitors matches the frenzy
generated by Linux and OSS products" stated Stéphane Labrouche, Event Organizer.
He added "Today, Linux is a major business phenomenon that goes well beyond the
mere comparison to Windows.  Linux and OSS products are revolutionizing the
world of information technology".
Many visitors are looking forward to this important event.  Company presidents,
computer managers, developers, consultants and academicians are among the
thousands that have already registered.  The attendees come from countries
including France, Great Britain, the United States, Asia, Canada, Germany and
Israel.
The Linux Expo website (www.linuxexpocanada.com) attracts 8,000 visitors daily.
Linux Expo 2000 is a chance to find out why Linux and other OSS products are
upsetting the established order in the software industry.  Discover how they are
revolutionizing the world of information technology on a daily basis and
arousing the world of international finance.
Linux Expo is organized by the Sky Events Group, organizer of the Linux Expo
shows in Paris (June 1999 and February 2000) and around the world (Madrid,
Toronto, Sao Paulo, Shanghai).

-30-

Source: www.linuxexpocanada.com

Media Relations: Catherine Corne, C.C.C.P.  -  Phone:  (514) 849-0760
 cccp@infopresse.com