Re: [oswg-dis] Re: getting OSWG doc sources

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> fyi - this has been done. Thanks Deb (and the OSWG).

No probs :)  Again, sorry that it took me so long to get back to you
about it.  Our maintainer is currently in California, so your account
should be set up by the end of the day.

I also invite the LDP to post project & documentation announcements to
the OSWG "weblog" (http://www.oswg.org:8080/oswg/).  The posting form is
here:

http://www.oswg.org:8080/oswg/addPostingForm

The front page of the new site is a slashdot-like news page, and I'm
hoping folks will use it to post news and announcements regarding Open
Source documentation and related issues.  There is already a "Linux
Documentation Project" topic and icon for the site, and it might be
another method for you to help promote the LDP.  I'll be increasing
promotion of that aspect of the new OSWG site in the near future
(planning announcements for later this week).

There is, of course, no reason that the LDP and the OSWG cannot work
cooperatively to support and promote one another.  The purposes of the
projects do not conflict, and we really don't "compete" at all.

I would like to take this opportunity to make a clean break from the
past and past conflicts between our projects and to really start
discussing how the we can work together towards helping one another
improve free and Open Source documentation as a whole.

--
Deb Richardson, Executive Editor
Linuxcare, Inc.

Linuxcare.  Support for the Revolution.