Re: alternative sgmltools?

On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 10:28:07PM +0100, Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl wrote:

> sgml-tools (v1) was declared obsolete about 18 months ago in favor of
> sgmltools (v2) by the maintainers (see http://www.sgmltools.org/). The
> tools can work beside one another if you need both. But I don't write in
> linuxdoc as it is much too limited for any serious documentation.

Taketoshi Sano has volunteered to fix any "real bugs" in the Debian
Package of sgml-tools (v1).  He also mentioned his "motivation to
maintain this package :)".  So it is sort of being maintained.  In
contrast the sgmltools (v2) site says "The SGML tools project has been
suspended".  Thus it's not at all clear that sgml-tools (v1) is
obsolete, especially since LDP is still requiring Linuxdoc which needs
it and also since the sgmltools (v2) project is officially suspended.

			David Lawyer