umm... shouldn't this be easier?

I've been listening in on this list for a few weeks now, and I'm actually
rather surprised that only one other person seems to be having trouble
with the tools.  For my part, I've spent a good deal of time trying to get
the stupid things to either compile or install, all to no avail.  I'm
running Slackware 3.9 (same as 4.0, except with 2.0 kernel) and can't seem
to get anything to work.  Would someone please help me?

All I need is a tool to check my sgml and one to convert it to html.

Is there maybe someone that has rigged a web interface that I can drop my
sgml on?

Anyway, this is kinda important to me since my senior thesis is in the
form of a HOWTO, (on VPN incidently) and I'd kinda like to get something
done.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew Wilson