[OFFTOPIC] Careful who you quote, even accidentally

This is probably old news to many and I'm only posting this because
I find it so alarming that a supposed "Linux-friendly" publisher would
include the statement

    "Because of the significant efforts that IDG Books has
     undertaken to promote and protect its trademarks ... our goal
     is to prevent such "generalization" from happening to our
     trademarks.

... and this is in regard to the use of "smart_host for dummies" in
the *subject* *line* of a thread in a *mailing* *list*!  They liken
their supposed loss to the "losses" incurred by such household names
as "Kleenex" who had failed to protect their trademark rights.

The whole sad letter is at

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/10/28/1636205&mode=nocomment

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com> | vmail: (519) 422-1150