Re: Informal survey (was Re: Banner ads)

On 23 Oct, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> We could go to LI for the money, but really, where does the LI get
> *its* money?  I don't think they sell cookies.

>From its corporate membership fees.

I'm not a member, but I think LI would consider supporting something of
what you describe. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. It seems within
their charter.

Frankly, having just about finished up sorting out the last of the
paperwork for Australia's first Linux conferfence I'd say it's likely
that you'd be able to obtain travel/accomodation sponsored by the
conference itself so long as you were presenting an interesting enough
paper.

I think this is still a pretty marginal and peripheral issue though.

We ought to get back to solving core problems before we worry too much
about anything beyond that.

Terry

--
terry@animats.net, terry@linux.org.au, terry@albert.vk2ktj.ampr.org