Re: General Positive Feedback re: revision of site (fwd)

Hello,

The only way we would become a real corp is if it was a non-profit and
not public. Therefore a hostile take over is not possible. Also we have
not even discussed this portion yet.

Poet

David Lawyer wrote:

> Guyhlem Aznar wrote:
> >So let's vote :
> >
> >Who agrees with Joshua idea (2 month/30 days/60 days, i.e. letting some
> >copyright to the LDP to ensure future updates) ?
> >
> >Who disagrees and think all copyrights should be kept by each author ?
>
> I vote to let the authors keep their copyrights since you can't take it
> away from them unless they have agreed to that condition in advance.
> Also, I don't think that the LDP should incorportate as a formal
> organization since it would require a lot of planning in order to avoid the
> dangers of a hostile takeover.  If the LDP owns a lot of copyrights it
> would be a lucrative target for such a takeover.  Most authors don't
> participate and just a handful of renegade authors (of short howtos ?)
> might take over the organization and get ownership of its copyrights.
> While it probably wouldn't happen, it could.  There are lots of such
> hostile takeovers, many that never are covered in the news.
>
>                         David Lawyer
>
> --

<BEGIN="Signature">
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts     - http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>