Re: General Positive Feedback re: revision of site (fwd)

On 28 Sep, Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> Who agrees with Joshua idea (2 month/30 days/60 days, i.e. letting some
> copyright to the LDP to ensure future updates) ?

A definite NO.
The LDP cannot hold copyright to anything, it doesn't exist as a legal
entity. In any case, the whole point of using free licenses is
specifically to allow *anyone* at any time to pick them up and improve
on them. It is unnecessary to add any such draconian rules if the
document licenses allow freedom.

> Who disagrees and think all copyrights should be kept by each author ?

I think these are two seperate questions, not flip sides of the same
one.

There is the question of "ownership" ie copyright, and there is the
question of license terms. They're different things.

> There will not be any arbitrar decision.

It will be arbitrary. What are the terms of the vote? How will it work?
What happens to the will of the majority of authors who either aren't
subscribed to this list, don't have time to follow the discussion, or
are too busy to answer before someone decides the (unstated) voting
period has ended?

Terry

--
terry@albert.animats.net, terry@linux.org.au