Re: Lots of SPAM on the list

Guylhem Aznar <guylhem@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> Because some of us do not always use the same email address.

I'm losing hope about the spam problem on these lists ever being solved.
Obviously the problem isn't being taken seriously.

Only subscribers should be allowed to send messages to the lists. If
you want messages to be auto-approved based on the sender's address,
then you should let users register more than one address, or send
messages from unknown addresses to a moderator for approval.

At the very least, only subscribers should be allowed to send messages
to ldp-announce, unless the messages are approved by a moderator.
Another spammed message was sent to ldp-announce just recently. This is
unacceptable; I feel that the list maintainer is plain incompetent to
allow a announcement list to be used for spam.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>, Ottawa, Canada
Francais / English / Esperanto